Waterstone Development in Hillsborough
Water and Sewer Projects
Parks and Recreation Facilities
Qualified Zone Academy Bonds and Qualified School Construction Bonds
Streets, Parking and Sidewalks
Theaters, Arts Centers and other Community Facilities
Shell Buildings and Industrial Parks
Special Assessment Financing
Our Approach to Public Finance
We work for small and mid-sized communities across North Carolina to help them address their capital financing needs. We use our experience and a low-key, helpful approach to guide you all the way from project identification to money in the bank. Our clients value our commitment to client service, our willingness to look for new approaches, and our ability to help clients balance risks and opportunities. They also know that we will be with them throughout the process, and that we’re always available to kick around ideas and talk about financing options.
- We emphasize quality. This is the most important piece from your bond attorney and we excel. We will handle your transaction and will ensure that it is completed professionally and with an eye towards as few bumps in the road as possible.
- We are friendly and we show up. We enjoy talking about how to achieve your goals. We like attending board meetings and closings to work with elected officials and staff if there are questions. We are always up for a visit. We like being the friendly neighborhood bond attorneys.
- We speak your language. We want you to understand your transaction and so we speak in a way that’s easy to understand. We check for understanding. We welcome questions.
- We are cost effective. We are a low-overhead operation. You’re paying for bond attorneys, not beautiful offices.
- We guide the process, and we give you options. We enjoy taking a leadership role in your financing and guiding it safely to shore on your closing date. We’ll talk with you about the Local Government Commission approvals, the required resolutions, and what needs to happen when. We also like to be as hands on or hands off as you like, and we’ll talk to you about that at the beginning.
- We accommodate your schedule. We know that your life as a finance officer, manager, and local government attorney is busy. We do everything we can to make sure we fit your timeframe, not the other way around.
- Our clients aren’t satisfied—they are thrilled. The best referral you can receive is from one of our clients. They’ll tell you why they like and continue to work with us.
- Small potatoes make great hash browns. What does that mean? It means your project isn’t too small nor is your local government. We work with all sizes of government units—we don’t treat you like small potatoes whatever size you are (we think big potatoes are great for baking).
- We love this work. It’s always a great day to be a bond lawyer. We have limited practice areas because we like to drill down, to study, and contribute to a particular field. We write blog posts, law review articles, bar newsletter articles, and we present at conferences. We challenge conventions if it will help the governments we work with. We help you find the best financing for your needs—even if those needs don’t include a bond lawyer.